Pneuconveyor – A flexible screw conveyor is a type of conveyor that uses a helical screw blade, also known as an auger, to move materials through a tube or trough. The screw rotates within a flexible tube or casing, allowing for flexibility in the conveyor’s design and the ability to convey materials around obstacles.
A flexible screw conveyor typically consists of several parts, including:
- Tube: This is the outer casing of the conveyor, and it can be made of various materials depending on the application. Common materials include stainless steel, carbon steel, and polyethylene.
- Helix: This is the flexible screw that runs through the tube and moves the material. It is typically made of steel wire that is formed into a helix shape.
- Drive: The drive system powers the helix and can be electric or pneumatic.
- Inlet and outlet: These are the points where material enters and exits the conveyor. They can be customized to fit the specific needs of the application.
- Hopper: This is an optional part that is used to hold material before it enters the conveyor. It can be used to regulate the flow of material into the conveyor.
- Bearings: Bearings support the helix and allow it to rotate smoothly within the tube.
- Couplings: Couplings connect the drive system to the helix and ensure that power is transferred efficiently.
- Discharge adapter: This is an optional part that is used to connect the conveyor to other equipment or to a storage container.
- Support structure: This is used to support the conveyor and can be customized to fit the specific needs of the application.
It’s important to note that the specific parts of a flexible screw conveyor can vary depending on the manufacturer and the application.
The specific parts required for a flexible screw conveyor will depend on the application, the materials being conveyed, and the design of the conveyor.